Leaves of three, let them be!


Poison Ivy, Don’t Touch Or Burn This Plant!

Poison Ivy, is a common plant in Middle Tennessee that contains a chemical oil (Urushiol) that can cause the skin to develop a red, itchy rash. The oil is present in all parts of the plant and can be carried on a pets fur and later transferred to people when they pat or touch the animal. Even the smoke from burning poison ivy can be harmful. Burning poison ivy produces smoke that contains Urushoil that when inhaled can cause serious respiratory problems.

To prevent the itchy allergic reactions caused by Urushiol learn how to recognize and avoid poison ivy. And always remember, “Leaves Of Three, Let It Be!”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s